I foster for REACH Rescue in Mundelein, IL: http://www.reachrescue.org/

Please support the rescue efforts of this great organization!

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Welcome Jolie!

Jolie arrived on Saturday and Bodey (my dog, whom I adopted in November) absolutely adores her.  The two of them play constantly, although like any siblings they always want whatever toy the other has.  This morning, they brought me every ball in the house while I got ready in the bathroom.  She is also very respectful of my cat, in fact, here's a picture of her and Bodey watching Lincoln eat (they aren't allowed to "clean" his bowl until he's done).


Jolie is settling into our household's daily routine.  She understands "go potty" means that we're going outside and yesterday we had a very good potty day- only one accident in the house; she doesn't seem to like going #2 outside yet.  I've been watching her behavior carefully to figure out how she acts when she has to go #2 and was able to get her go #2 twice outside yesterday (and all #1s). 

Jolie loves walks and cuddling.  If you are on the couch, she is next to you.  She likes to keep her humans in sight, but is doing well when put in her crate. I am keeping her in there at night and when I am not at home. She'll cry a little bit at first, but she quiets down quickly and sleeps through the night.  When let out, she runs cute laps throughout the house, she's so excited that it's morning or that you're home.

It amazes me how resilient dogs are! Jolie was obviously abused prior to coming to Canine Cupids, but she doesn't hold any grudges. She loves with her whole heart! Jolie's wounds are healing well (I'm using coconut oil on the burns and cuts) and I think in a few weeks her coat will grow out and her skin will feel better.
For now, she's enjoying life in a loving foster home with lots of attention and belly rubs. She can't wait to be adopted, though! 


No comments:

Post a Comment